Whatsapp is in no mood to stop with its major updates ‘Live Location Share’ and ‘Delete for Everyone’ feature that went live just a day ago. This is not the entire whatsapp news for today, there are major updates lining up in coming months. Facebook-owned messaging app has lined up its most-anticipated feature of in-app transactions feature in Indian sub-continent this December.
Everyone is much excited about this update, given that Whatsapp is the most used messenger app in the history of messaging apps ever. With this feature on board, we will be able to transfer payments directly to fellow contacts via the app. According to resources, Whatsapp is at its final stage of development with the most probable launch date somewhere late in December. Let us have a look at the related details about this launch.
Knowing that India is first in the world to be introduced by the in-chat feature by Whatsapp is huge beyond definite reasons. Facebook has succeeded to partner with three major banks in India – State Bank of India, ICICI Bank, and HDFC Bank, with more in line coming up.
Whatsapp payment feature is poised to create a big thunder to already existing Digital transaction apps. With over 200 million existing users on Whatsapp messaging app, the upcoming feature it will definitely rip up a lot attention from other apps. The reasons are pretty simple:
- Being a multi-tasking messaging app- it will save people a lot of switching between different apps.
- Whatsapp played pretty smart by collaborating with the UPI (unified payments interface) it is a verified and trustable payment platform.
How will the feature work?
The payments feature will be made easily once the verifications are done. One just needs to get his UPI account verified to the whatsapp account to access the payment transfer feature.
Although, there is no news out by the Facebook on Digital transfer feature, but according to speculations the payment feature will be operated following the steps given below.
- The Money Transfer feature will work as same as other features like sharing images. The attachments button will be added on another extension under the name of Money Transfer (or some other name probably). You just have to click on the button and see the payment option appear with others.
- Click on the user you need to send money to, click on the attachments and them to payments option. Enter the amount that you need to transfer, click send and UPI will transfer your amount to the other user.
- Unlike other platforms where you need to send screenshot as proofs, the user on Whatsapp will receive a message notifying the other user about his transaction.
What makes the feature so great and anticipated?
People don’t have to keep switching between the apps to make payments and transactions for business. Now, it will be interesting to see the now-existing stand-alone apps, namely, Paytm and PhonePe will integrate their platform to catch up with the excelling Whatsapp-Transactions feature.
What is expected in Future?
Whatsapp Payment feature can be a potential threat to others in game, right now. Therefore, it will be quite interesting play to see how others excel up with the Whatsapp payment feature. It is obvious for other Digital payment platforms to rise up their apps to stay intact in the competition with Whatsapp, because there is more in line for Whatsapp ahead in future.
Article by Pooja.